Standing confidently in front of an audience and improving my writing skills were 2 of the goals that I set for myself. Through the weeks of effective communication lessons, I had many opportunities to practice my writing skills through multiple assignments and learning to cite sources properly.  Having the knowledge to do citations and references came in handy for me as I could apply what I had learned into my other modules that required me to submit a report. I would say that I met my goals for my writing skills. Being confident for the presentation, on the other hand, had improvements but not up to my expectations. During my presentation, I had moments that I stuttered and forgot things that I wanted to say. Nonetheless, I am certain that with practice and visualizing myself in front of audiences. I will be more articulate and keep my composure.


The one thing that I really took away from our research project was learning how to compile our research in an orderly manner and putting in the appropriate citations. Working in a team can be a double-edged sword. Having enough content was not an issue as there were five of us working on it but compiling them together with proper citations and references was a chore to do. Many times, we had overlapping content or jumbled up the references and citations. It was only when we started making the effort to do the citations after every line of content, made our report more organized and appropriate. Moving on from this project experience, I learned the importance of planning ahead in terms of researching for content. In addition to that, not leaving the citations and references all the way to the end.

1 Comments

  1. Thank you, Zach, for this clear and concise reflection. I appreciate learning how you felt about your double edged project group sword. And I'm certain that you're presentation skills have improved in the module.

    I hope the experience in the module and with the project serves you as you move forward in your learning.

    ReplyDelete